Big Horn County Public Health Department

Big Horn County Public Health
Hardin, Montana


Food Safety

So ... you think the double-bacon-cheeseburger-with-jalapenos made you sick?

For help with restaurant food problems, call the Health Department Sanitarian at 665-8724. If there is no answer and you need immediate assistance, call Jerry Cormier, Registered Sanitarian / Field Consultant, Montana Department of Health and Human Services at 406-247-4449.

For more information on what to do if you have trouble with restaurant food, click here:


To download a "Consumer Complain Form," Click here:


To read the "Bad Bug Book" (good information on various food poisonings), Click here:


Other helpful links:

Montana Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Consumer Safety:

US Center for Disease Control and Prevention:

US Food and Drug Administration:

Gateway to Government Food Safety Information:

US Department of Agriculture:

Clean Hands Campaign:

Center for Disease Control:

Partnership for Food Safety Education: